Collaborize Classroom Common Core White Paper
This white paper offers educators a vehicle to teach students more effectively, while addressing the Common Core State Standards using a blended learning model that combines face-to-face instruction with asynchronous work done online.
- I. Executive Summary
- II. Rise in Blended Learning in K-12
- III. The History of Academic Standards in the United States
- IV. The Case for Using Collaborize Classroom to Address the Standards and Improve Learning for All Students
- 1. Technology Integration
- 2. Online Discussions: Improve Speaking and Listening Skills
- 3. Writing Across the Curriculum
- 4. Increase and Maintain Interest in STEM Subjects
- 5. Teaching Media Literacy
- 6. Differentiating Instruction.
- 7. Engaging Higher Order Thinking
- V. Conclusion: Benefits of Using Collaborize Classroom to Create a Blended Learning Model to Address the Common Core State Standards
- VI. Sources